We’re happy to announce that we’re releasing a new Ad-supported version of MMA Manager. It’s completely free and available today on both the App Store and Google Play.
What do we mean by Ad-supported?
Pretty straight forward really, like all real sports we’ve added some adverts into the game at key points where we have the player’s attention. And by some, we mean “a few” or “not very much”, we’ve added the following:
- A full screen static interstitial advert before every fight as part of the event opening.
- A video ad lasting at most 30 seconds every 3 game months.
Why are Bit By Bit releasing an ad-supported version?
A few reasons really:
- First and foremost, we’ve had a lot of players that were interested in trying the game, but not used to paying for premium games on mobile ask about it and every one of them we’ve talked to has been happy with the approach we’ve taken with integrating infrequent adverts.
- The fact our player reviews and feedback have been so positive has given us more confidence that players who aren’t necessarily huge MMA fans, but like more general management games would give it a try and enjoy it if they didn’t have to pay for it themselves.
- We think we’ve integrated Ads into the game flow well, with them fitting the feel of the advertising actually shown during sports events. Hopefully, players should agree that it reduces the level of intrusiveness of the advertising compared to most ad-supported games and fits the general feel of a big sponsored sporting event.
- Instead of taking the already released version to be purely ad-supported, we wanted to be able to experiment more without affecting our current players. We’ve had a hugely positive experience interacting with everyone that’s actually played the game & we’re happy to go out of our way to make sure that we don’t screw them over. Our existing players are hugely supportive and have been generally awesome with feedback and suggestions and the last thing we want to do is risk making unwanted changes in the game they’ve already paid for.
- Last, as with most paid games released on the App Store it’s not sold as well as we need it to if we’re going to continue developing it. Hopefully the ad-supported version should help alleviate that and help spread the word about the game.
Does this mean there will be no more updates to the current version?
Absolutely not! They’re based on the same codebase and every new gameplay feature added will be in both versions. The only significant differences between the 2 will be in terms of advertising in thead-supported version, something we’ll be closely monitoring and perhaps changing slightly based on feedback and finding what works and what doesn’t for our players.